There are many superlatives spinning around on the World Wide Web, when you look up The Best Spinner. So many, in fact, that it makes you wonder: “is it REALLY that good?”. What you are about to read is an unbiased review of the software, based on trying out the program and describing its functionality from an ethical SEO point of view (pro tip: if you’re not sure what’s ethical and what’s not, in the world of optimizing written content for search engines, start here). And, rest assured, we won’t be spinning any yarns around here.
What Is The Best Spinner Software?
Simply put, The Best Spinner is a content spinning software. As an article spinner, it creates variants of existing content by replacing words and phrases with randomly chosen synonyms. Article spinning is a gray hat SEO technique massively used by webmasters to gain more traffic and exposure. You basically take a high-quality article (or parts of different articles) and, with a few clicks, you get 20 “unique” versions of relevant content you can submit as guest posts, or add to article directories.
How Does The Best Spinner Work?
With a built-in thesaurus continuously improved by its users, The Best Spinner selects synonyms to replace words and phrases from the source article. The software allows you to edit the article manually, or it can automatically rewrite the sentences for you. The result is slightly different from the original article so as to avoid having the user penalized for duplicate content, but the logical structure remains the same.
You do not have to pay to see how the tool works. There is a demo option available online. However, note that this version does not feature the advanced functions of the software. It just allows potential users to see how The Best Spinner provides you with a random spun version of an article fragment.
To better exemplify, I have entered a fragment from a quality article found on the Internet (source: webmd.com). Let’s take a look at the results.
Inside the curly brackets you have the spintax, which is the list of synonyms out of which the spinner will create text variations.
The truth is that the demo version is rather disappointing. All it does is replace a few words with their corresponding synonyms and make a few grammar changes. In the first sentence “is worth” becomes “will probably be worth”, while, in the second, “not only” becomes “not simply”, “but also” – “additionally”, and “could” – “might”.
The result is far from being original. Fortunately, the software you actually pay for sports a bunch of features that can improve the quality of your spinning. Plus, high-quality spinning cannot be done automatically. It is essential to check for quality, when using such tools.
The Best Spinner: Key-Features
- Built-in multi-language thesaurus database;
- Built-in spelling and grammar checker;
- Built-in Post to Blog feature;
- Full-paragraph spinning functionality;
- Generate and Compare function that allows you to compare two versions of the same article in terms of word count and uniqueness by highlighting duplicate text.
- You can select your favorite synonyms and use them in your article rewrites in a matter of seconds.
- You can also use Everyone’s Favorites, a feature that created the article’s spintax by identifying the favorite synonyms of other users.
- It allows checking your spun articles against articles on the web, with a built-in TBS Check to make sure you don’t publish duplicate content. This has similar capabilities to Copyscape.
How Functional Is The Best Spinner?
To provide you with better insights into the usability of this software, let’s take a closer look at its functions and interface.
Before going further, it is important to mention that The Best Spinner works with plain text files only (Notepad files, with no formatting). You can either open an article you have on your computer (the interface is similar to that of Microsoft Word), paste an existing article, or type the text in The Best Spinner yourself.
Next, what I like about this tool is that the built-in thesaurus is not limited to individual nouns and verbs. It can identify synonym alternatives for entire phrases. What I don’t like, on the other hand, is that you need to manually review and change the synonyms to make sure that the final result makes total sense.
As concerns the realistic (although not optimal) capabilities of this software, in addition to spinning phrases or sentences manually, you can have the program produce the article for you automatically. The Auto Rewrite mode, though, may not generate high-quality content, as the tool cannot recognize the appropriate context for the words it uses.
Speaking of functionality, The Best Spinner makes the promise of producing unlimited new spins of your already spun article in a single click. All it does is select new combinations of synonyms to create slightly different versions of the article.
So, with every click on the New Spin tab, this tool randomly chooses alternatives to produce another output variation of your content. The result:
As you can imagine, this is a fast process, but not all synonyms are convenient (e.g. “leading” in the third spin title). So, you’ll need to check, remove unnecessary changes, and even replace the words with a more fortunate variant.
Now, from an ethical SEO point of view, the best feature that this software has to offer is the TBS Check or Copyscape Check that allows you to verify the uniqueness of the spun article and refine it accordingly. Just a quick mention: Copyscape requires a paid account while TBS is free.
This process takes only a few moments and I highly recommend doing it. The built-in plagiarism checker identifies all URLs that contain duplicate content from across the web and, by selecting any of them, it displays and checks your spun article against duplicate ones.
Once you have finished checking your article and are happy with the result, you can publish it on your WordPress blog by using the Post to Blog built-in feature. All you need to do is select the Publish tab on the ribbon and then click Post to Blog. You will be asked to add your details (blog name, URL, username, and password). If you don’t want to have the article published immediately, it can also be added to your site as a Draft.
How Profitable Is The Best Spinner?
Moneywise, The Best Spinner is not a costly investment. For a 7-day trial, you pay $7, and there is also an annual fee of $77. The tool addresses webmasters who run small businesses and do not have big budgets to spend on link building.
Here is what The Best Spinner can do for you when it comes to outsourcing backlinks (yes, I said outsource – that type of risky tactic that can attract a Google penalty if performed abusively):
- Acquire backlinks by spinning content you submit to article directories such as Ezine. You may want to check out what Matt Cutts thinks about uploading articles like that.
- Get backlinks by spinning and posting quality content on web 2.0 properties. These are sites anyone can comment or contribute content on by creating a user account or profile. Take for instance Wikipedia, a web 2.o site that allows you to edit content and create links. Apart from wikis, web 2.0 properties include blogs, social networking sites, video sharing sites and diverse web applications.
- Create profile links by spinning blog comments you can post on forums to gain more authority and brand awareness. Together with The Best Spinner, you may also use SEO tools such as Scrapebox, which provides you with lists of article directories, social bookmarking, web 2.0 properties, high PR blogs and other platforms that accept auto approve links. So, to avoid submitting duplicate content, you can use the spinner to create comments as original as possible.
Note: Such practices can lead to a massive amount of links. Beware, though, by creating too many links in a short period you may send spam signals to Google. Here at The Web Is Social, we do not believe in such link building strategies.
The Best Spinner is a helpful and profitable tool for webmasters who wish to jump-start their business, but white hat SEOs will never employ it. Speaking of profitability, who would create hundreds of links in just a few hours to disavow them in a matter of weeks?
Clearly, I do not recommend using the spinner to spam the web with irrelevant comments and low-quality links, and, more importantly, to publish spun content on your personal blog.
As concerns time effectiveness, an experienced user can manually spin a 500 words article in about 15 minutes. So, manual spinning can cost you less than writing the article from scratch. If you need to hire a writer to do it for you, it would obviously entail higher costs. Also, while it doesn’t pay off to buy the tool for spinning just a few articles for your website, it may be cost-effective if you have clients who request variants of the same content.
The program can reduce your article marketing costs, but ultimately, considering the Google quality guidelines and Panda algorithm updates, it can damage the profitability of your website if not used wisely. Auto spinning may save time and money on content production, but it can easily attract penalties.
How Ethical Is The Best Spinner?
Where does The Best Spinner stop short of being an ethical SEO tool? Let’s face it. What article spinners do is trick search engines into believing your content is fresh and original.
The software provides you with almost unlimited variants of the same article. It basically rephrases sentences to fool plagiarism checkers and Google algorithms. While spinning reduces the risk to make Google identify spun content as being duplicate or spam, this gets more and more difficult with every spin as each variant of the article results in less unique content.
What about Intellectual Property Rights? If you use your own article to create variations of it, you don’t need to worry about copyright infringements. On the other hand, if you take original content without the author’s permission, using such software can be a legal challenge.
The truth is that The Best Spinner, like any other content spinner, serves not-so-white-hat SEO strategies if all you do is take a high-quality article, get a spun version of it, and try to rank higher in search results. But long gone are the days when you could place spun articles in various places and get valuable backlinks.
The Best Spinner Review Summary
To sum up, let’s overview the strength of the TBS article spinning software as well as the downsides of using it.
- the functionality of its built-in features like its extensive thesaurus,
- its plagiarism checker,
- its almost instant Post to Blog function,
- constant updates of the program,
- the opportunity to contribute to the database of synonyms as a user.
- the amount of time you need to check and refine the spin articles to end up producing quality content.
- employing the tool for link building and content strategies constantly discredited by the Google web spam and search quality team. Replacing words with their synonyms and maintaining the same thought structure does not equal generating unique, original content.
Final Word: Without doubt, The Best Spinner is packed with a few powerful article rewriting features. It is a great tool for copywriters to confront multiple sources and then manually reproduce content by using the thesaurus and duplicate content checker. However, approaching its usability from the perspective of ethical SEO tactics, I would think twice before employing the tool in my content strategy. In the long run, I think that investing in quality human writing proves a more effective tactic.
Alternatives to The Best Spinner
There are similar tools you may want to try out such as the ones outlined below.
- Spinner Chief 4: Dubbed as “the real best article spinner”, this tool sets itself apart from The Best Spinner by supporting a higher level of human readability for spun articles. The Natural Language Analysis method and Artificial Intelligence techniques are said to allow the program to understand content in the same way as Google does, on one hand, and to improve the uniqueness of the generated content, on the other. There is a basic version you can download for free, followed by an elite version you can get for $127, and a premium package – the Ultimate version – that costs $197 (one-time fee).
- ChimpRewriter: This smart rewriting tool is also backed by a Natural Language Processing technology. Plus, the program has an integrated image and video scraper – a built-in feature that grabs multimedia rich content from the web for you. Similarly to The Best Spinner, it comes with a Copyscape plugin and a WordPress submission function. There is a yearly subscription fee of $69, or you can pay $139 for a lifetime software license. You will receive a second license for free to install it on another computer.
- X-Spinner is another powerful content spinning software as it can utilize all third-party software APIs. That means you can make use of The Best Spinner’s or the ChimpRewriter’s options without actually paying for the tools. The program has its own interface and uses the same technology as the Spinner Chief (both developed by Yi Nan Sun). There is a free version you can try, but the ones that can really deal with multi-API queries cost $97 (one time fee for the Pro User Version) and $199 (monthly fee for the Pro Developer Version).